Lynnfield Youth Softball (LYSBA) is offering a spring program for K-1 girls currently living or attending school in Lynnfield. On Saturday mornings from May through June, we will meet at the Lynnfield Middle School for a variety of skills, drills, and games. All the girls need to bring is a glove and a desire to have some fun and learn! We are also including the K-1 program in the winter clinics for the first time. Scheduled dates and times vary.
For any child interested in playing a sport, it’s important to build both the confidence and skills necessary at an early age to develop and succeed. Our program will emphasize the foundational basics of the game, including:
• Throwing – grip, motion, follow-through
• Catching and fielding – technique, two hands, learning different positions
• Hitting – grip, stance, timing, making consistent contact
• Running the bases – understanding baserunning
• Equipment – learning proper use of all equipment to protect against injury
Registration fee of $90 covers uniform jersey, all equipment except gloves, field expenses, winter clinics, and insurance for each player
Program Schedule (Tentative Dates and Times)
Saturdays @LMS, May 2 to June 20 (9-10:30 am)
• Weeks 1-3: Equal focus on the above core skills
• Weeks 4-7: We will spend half of these sessions on skill work, and half on applying what the kids have learned to live game action
• Week 8: A full game, with girls split into two squads. Pizza party to follow!
Late date/fee: 03/14/2020$15.00
Open to: GirlsResidents of: 01940
In Grades: K to 1 for 2019-20 School year